Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thoughts on My 16th Birthday

So my birthday is next Tuesday. I'm turning sixteen witch means I only have two more years to make the biggest decisions of my life. It scares me to think of myself being on my own. Those two years are going to go by really fast and I am going to miss being a kid again. I wonder what my parents are thinking about this. I'm sure they realize that the day is coming. I wonder if they are looking forward to it. I have no idea what to expect. I know they love me but I wonder if they are going to be happy when I'm gone. Of course after I leave they still have my brother and sister to deal with.
I still have no idea what I am going to do after High School. I haven't made up my mind on what I want to study or where I am going to go. I don't want to go to college straight out of High School. I think that I will take a year for myself before I go back to school. My mom doesn't like that idea.I think I want to go out and have fun before starting over again. I know that College is going to be harder if I wait too long but I'm not taking a big break. Just long enough to make myself believe that I'm ready and that I can handle it.

Like I said a big decision to make in two years. I don't know if I will be ready to go when that time comes. I have always been an independent person. I know how to take care of myself. I don't like thinking about this. My cousins don't like the idea of me going anywhere far. I don't want to be far form them either. I want to stay close to my family.
I haven't planned anything to celebrate my birthday. Again I waited to long. It's too late to plan anything big. I don't think I'm even going to celebrate it. I don't know when I will celebrate a birthday like I want. Probably not until I get a job and live on my own. I don't really mind not celebrating my birthday big. As long as I am with my family everything is all good. I love spending time with them. When I'm with them I am never bored. I am always laughing. I am always happy. They make my day.
Update: I have a new little cousin who was born two days ago. I can't wait to see her. I already saw a picture but that doesn't compare to holding her. I don't know when I'll be able to see her though since she lives in San Jose and we never go visit because they always come down here. Hopefully my mom and dad will take me to see her this weekend. It would make me really happy. My cousins aren't too happy about it since the girl doesn't have the same dad as them. The girl's dad is my auntie's current boyfriend who my cousins don't really get along with. Right know they don't want to have anything to do with the new baby girl. I understand that the don't like her dad but it's not the baby's fault. Hopefully later on the realize that what they are thinking is not good. I know that I am going to love that girl even if I dislike her dad. She doesn't deserve any of the blame. I am going to try and convince them to thing the same but I don't know how long it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment